Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Hello!

Welcome to my blog! 

My name is Rubi and I am 18 years old, I live in Chicago and even though the title of this blog is "Brooklyn Rubi" doesn't mean that I'm lying to you. I was born in New York specifically in Manhattan but my family is based in Brooklyn so that's where I feel most at home. I visit as much as I can and hope to move back in the near future. So there's my title explained. 

Now let’s talk about me. This past June I graduated high school and this fall will be starting university where I will be working towards a bachelor’s degree in International Business Marketing and Communications. I am currently completing an internship at a high school and will hopefully be working there full time in the fall as well. 

Let’s see what else. I am very outspoken and don't really take shit from anyone. That's one thing I should probably warn you about, I curse quite a bit in my daily life and in my writing so I apologize in advance and I don't mean it in a malicious way I just don't really understand why certain words need to be labelled as forbidden and the rest are not. But that's another discussion for another day. 

Well let me tell you why I have actually decided to make a blog. I suffer from both anxiety and depression and writing has always helped me cope with it. This blog is where I plan on being 100% honest with not only myself but also everyone who comes across this blog. I am still trying to figure out how to work through my anxiety and depression but I am starting to get better with it. I am hoping that this blog helps me cope and keep up with what is going on with me. 

Thank you for your interest if you have read this far and this is only one post of many. Below is a picture of my face and I will be posting every other day on this page and then hopefully everyday on here but let's just take it one day at a time! Stay chill. xx. 



- Brooklyn Rubi 

No comments:

Post a Comment